Thursday, December 13, 2007

13 - Spoon

“Don’t You Evah” SpoonGa Ga Ga Ga Ga

The video is a sequel to the viral “Keepon” video, a demonstration of some pretty cool rhythm AI to “I Turn My Camera On” from Spoon’s previous album, Gimme Fiction. It makes sense because “Don’t You Evah” definitely feels a bit like a sequel to “I Turn My Camera On.”

OK, New Playlist #43: songs with studio chatter left in the recording (but more than just a count off). “Get Back” from Let It Be, David Bowie on “Andy Warhol,” Led Zeppelin’s “Friends,” and Lenny Kravitz on “Stop Draggin’ Around” come to mind. I’m sure googling “studio chatter” would produce lots of others.

2 comments:

royalbacon said...

That's funny: when you mention studio chatter the first song that popped into my head was Led Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying," ending with somebody coughing in the studio, Robert Plant singing "cough" and then more chatter as the sound fades out…

I feel like there's an R.E.M. song that has a lot of chatter in it, but it's not coming to me, and I'll be damned if I'll sit here right now and search for it in my library.

Unknown said...

When I first saw this video a few weeks ago (on Wired Science) I thought 'Zeb would like this.' When the robot dance party at the end started, I knew I had to show it to him. He loved it of course.